Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Catching Up !

Hello everyone ! Already onto the 62nd day of the year, the seconds are sprinting ahead of me and I am trying hard to keep up with the action packed year that 2015 is proving itself to be !

First things first, allow me to thank you for the overwhelming love and appreciation towards the last post written by my mother. She sends out a huge thank you for your feedback, as do I. It is great to see how many nature lovers exist amongst us here, and how passionate so many of us are about its bounty! Your response was truly rewarding ! :-)

Coming back to the month of the Cupid, February has been simply wonderful, with many interesting and new dimensions to it.


It started with my return to the land of the morning calm after a roller coaster of a ride back in India. The home was lovingly tended to by my better half, and I was welcomed by cutlery that glistened and flowers that beamed in different corners of our apartment ! A quick project that I had painted a day before leaving for India also 'mysteriously' found place on his study desk :-).


Everything was spick and span and organised to the point of being scary ! :-) No prizes for guessing why he is the 'better' fifty percent ! :-)

'Kimchi land' has been really good to us throughout February. Korea celebrated the lunar new year last month, and we were spoilt for choice with the unbelievable list of art and cultural exhibits that were on in the city ! We decided to make a 'stay-cation' of the five day break here and visited some of the art galleries and museums in town.


Those of you who love art would be happy to know that I got a chance to see the masterpieces of Van Gogh, Monet, Degas and other legendary painters, as their paintings were travelling to our part of the world.


Not just that, we also visited a lovely exhibit on Bohemian glass from the 16th century and another one that had the ruins of Pompeii on display...a unique opportunity to appreciate, art and history from Italy, Czechoslovakia, France...in one city...we made the most of it !




The inhabitants of this lovely country made a fine festival of ushering in the year of the goat/sheep/ram (whichever one you like more) and there was of plenty of soju, song and dance that accompanied it ! Korea wined and dined and celebrated their biggest festival in style, and we were happy to join in !


February has also been the month of a few 'firsts' on the personal front. Year of the sheep did I say? Only fair then that I have been having a great time playing with fabric and design...


I began to explore the world of quilting last month and what a fascinating universe it is ! I have been working on a project that is a bit of a surprise, but I will be able to share more about it in my next post, so do look out for my baby stitches :-)


The weather here has been alternating between rain and sunshine, spring is still a month away, and in between all the action, I did manage to grab a few moments in the sun and caught up on some reading.

Looking back, I can say, the days have been blissfully packed and every minute has been deeply fulfilling and gratifying.


As I sign off for now, it has just struck me that the festival of colours is round the corner, AND, it is coinciding with my little blog's first anniversary !!! :-)

I am looking forward to writing to you about it end of this week, do write back, it really makes my day to hear from you !

Until then, take care and stay connected. May the days ahead be all sunshine for you :-)






13 comments:

  1. You surely have been busy! There is something about playing tourist in the city you live...you fall in love with all the little treasures the city has to offer, no?

    Have fun and looking forward to the end results of all your crafty projects!

    ~deepa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Deepa, Korea really feels like home now :-) Promise to share pictures soon. Thanks for stopping by. Love and hugs.

      Delete
  2. Best thing i have read today.
    Ps: tell me one thing you cant do?
    Pps: kisses. You inspire me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from someone as multifaceted as you, humbled and how ! Thank you beautiful :-) Love and kisses right back at you.

      Delete
  3. What a colourful and lovely post. Can't wait to see your completed quilting project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to see you here Disha. Thank you, yes shall share it soon :-) Love.

      Delete
  4. Lovely post ! Totally power packed :) Keep the creative juices flowing . Lovely images too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, am so glad that you liked it, Feb was truly action packed, March seems to be no less :-) Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Pooja, so nice to see you here. Shall get one of the pin cushions for you next time :-)

      Delete
  6. Not only you, we are also proud of your personal fronts and looking forward to many more achievements. Loved reading about snippets of your happy life in 'Kimchi land'. Great post as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, always makes my day to see you here. Love.

      Delete